Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Facing Fear in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Recently, I traveled to Sioux Falls for a speaking engagement. My plan was to talk to junior high and high schools on my usual theme: ‘Keep Your Uniform On.’ Part of the presentation was on how to overcome fear.

As I traveled in my car on the South Dakota interstate and freeway, I thought how ironic is it that I have a real life example on how to face fear because the heavens were opening up with buckets of rain.  I couldn’t see the road.  So being a Christian, I prayed for help and safety. It was still extremely difficult but I made to my hotel.

The next day, unknown to my audience, I had practiced in a real way what I would say about fear later.

Fear is a real emotion and a difficult one. Sometimes all we can do is persevere. Are you facing your fears?



Paul Delger speaks to people on overcoming challenges. Contact him at speakerpaul@comm1net.net.  

No comments:

Post a Comment